Thursday, January 21, 2010

Donate Breastmilk to Babies in Haiti!!

Breastfeeding Mamas, If you haven't already considered donating your pumped breast milk, there is no better time than now. The Human Milk Banking Association of America is gearing up to send processed donor milk to infants in need in Haiti. (Right now their website doesn't indicate that milk is already being sent, but that is probably because the hospitals and clinics are still in chaos.) Donor breast milk is typically used for premature infants and babies whose mothers can't produce enough milk. I personally haven't been able to donate my milk because I have an extremely low supply, but my babies have been the blessed recipients of donor milk. What a precious and life-saving gift!!

 Click here for information from the Human Milk Banking Association of America






1 comment:

Meg said...

Darn it, I wish I had more milk. I would send it off for some Haitian babies in a heartbeat!