Monday, March 22, 2010

Songs From My Heart...


Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Red Auerbach 

I'm taking a little detour from my usual banter about birth, babies, and mothering to share some recordings I made with my husband this winter. It seems we've both rekindled our passion for making music together as a team, and it began when we started working on some recordings for a Christmas project. These recordings are super simple, recorded quietly in our basement family room while our daughter Ruby slept upstairs and while Clay, just a newborn, sat in my lap or nursed. (You can hear him making his musical contributions occasionally) Just wanted to share!




River by Joni Mitchell

Into the Mystic by Van Morrison

All My Tears by Emmylou Harris

Jesus Savior Pilot Me 

Old Pictures by the Judds

Goodnight My Baby by the Kingston Trio (a childhood christmas favorite!)


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah. We just took a listen to your recordings. I thought they were really sweet. My favorite was the Emmylou Harris number. Thank you for sharing!
-Katie Carmickle